Vegan Chocolate Cake (In 30 Minutes!)
6-8 servings, 25-30 minutes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cups sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cups water
1 T vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered sugar or frosting to finish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix all together until the cocoa powder is visibly even throughout.
3. Add the vanilla, vinegar, and water to the dry ingredients. Stir until most of the lumps are gone.
4. Pour the mixture into an 8-inch (or 9) round cake pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. After done baking, allow the cake to cool before decorating. If you try to put frosting on it before it’s room temperature, it will melt, so just wait… OR dust the cake with powdered sugar. It’s the quickest way to finish this off. It only takes a second!