Even though I’m finally done with school, I still don’t really want to spend hours in the kitchen. I mean, I definitely still enjoy cooking, but when you’re already hungry it feels like it takes an eternity to put together a tasty meal. I need something that I can have on my plate less than thirty minutes from right now. When my stomach starts to growl, there’s only a small window of time to eat before I become hangry.
Chicken & Broccoli Ramen Remix
Single Serving, Time: 20-25 minutes
Instant Noodles (w/ chicken seasoning) – I used Top Ramen
1/2 lb. Broccoli, sliced
1/2 lb. Chicken
1 Green onion, chopped
Red pepper flake
Salt & Pepper
1 T Soy sauce
1 T Rice vinegar
1 T Cornstarch
1 T Brown sugar
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
3 T Water
Chicken seasoning packet (optional)
- Fill a bowl with hot water (straight out of the tap is fine!) and add instant noodles to soak. Literally forget about this for a while.
- Salt & pepper both sides of the chicken. In a large skillet, add 1 T. olive oil and sautée the chicken at medium heat until fully cooked. This is probably 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. After you’ve figured it out and cooked the chicken all the way, remove it from the pan and cut it into cubes. Set aside.
- Believe it or not, you’re already halfway done. Now, in that same skillet, add another single tablespoon of olive oil and sautée the broccoli at medium heat until soft, probably around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In this time, also work on step 4.
- In a cup or small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce. The chicken seasoning isn’t necessary, but it does give this dish more of an explosive flavor– I used half of the packet. Pour the mixture into the pan with the broccoli. Stir until evenly distributed and allow the sauce to reduce for a minute or two.
- Drain the water from the noodles and then add them to the skillet with the broccoli and sauce, then stir everything around until the sauce is everywhere.
- Finally, add the chicken and red pepper flakes to the pan with everything else. Cook all ingredients together on low for another two minutes.
Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.