We finally got some rain in Southern California, woohoo! Albeit nowhere near enough to pull us out of this drought, at least Mother Nature is trying to help.
Easy Peach Cobbler
makes 6 servings, takes about 40 minutes
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 T. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the filling. Once the peaches appear to be fully coated in a layer of sugary goodness, pour them into a 8 or 9″ pie tin. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, oatmeal and brown sugar. Stir in the butter and milk.
- Drop spoonfuls of the crust topping all over the layer of peaches.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Enjoy with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream.