Spicy Chicken Sausage Stir-Fry with Angel Hair Pasta
serves two people, takes about 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage (ground)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, sliced
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into two inch pieces
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 (separate) T. olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine (I used a Pinot Grigio)
- 6 oz. angel hair pasta
- water for boiling pasta
- In a medium sauté pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil and your Italian sausage on low heat. Lid and leave cracked for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- In a small pot, begin boiling about 6 cups of water. Add about 1 tsp. of salt and a dash of olive oil to the water. (The salt adds flavor and the olive oil will prevent the noodles from sticking.)
- Once your water has began to boil, add the noodles and turn the heat to medium.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the second tablespoon of olive oil to the empty pan along with the cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and asparagus. Sauté on medium heat until the vegetables begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add the ground sausage back with the veggies in the pan along with the white wine and freshly minced garlic.
- Sauté the sausage, veggies, and wine for about five minutes on medium/low heat. Place the lid on the pan and leave cracked.
- Serve over the angel hair pasta.