1/3 lb. chicken
2 T. flour
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 T. soy sauce (low-sodium)
1 T. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 T. olive oil (total)
1/2 cup broccoli, sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, sliced
salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into 1″ cubes. Add the flour and chicken into a small plastic bag and shake until the chicken is coated in the flour. Remove chicken.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tsp. of the remaining flour with the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chopped garlic, and ginger.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 T. of olive oil on medium-low heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook on both sides until the outside is a nice golden color, which should take about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining 1 T. of olive oil along with the broccoli, onions and celery. Cook on medium heat until the onions are transparent.
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the veggies along with the broth.
- Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite white or brown rice.