It seems I’ve fallen into some sort of routine that I bake cookies more than anything else…
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 3 dozen cookies, takes about 45 minutes
1/2 cup butter, softened (*or margarine or coconut oil)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter (or margarine/coconut oil for a vegan cookie), sugars, vanilla, and applesauce. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and flour. Mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients to the larger bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Make balls of the dough that are about 1 T. in size.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.