Okay so although I’ve been eating way healthier than usual, I still treat myself on occasion. These cookies were my guilty pleasure a few weeks back. It’s super important to treat yourself!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 2 dozen cookies, takes 45 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugars, applesauce, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture into the large bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Make round balls of dough (about 1 T. in size) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy. 🙂