makes one dozen muffins, takes 45 minutes
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 T. ground flax seeds
4 T. water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup applesauce
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 apple, finely chopped
1/2 cup oatmeal, + about 2 T. for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the sugars, ground flax seeds, water, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in the chopped apple and oatmeal.
- Line a cupcake tray with baking cups and pour the mixture evenly into each cup.
- Sprinkle a small amount of oatmeal on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes before diving in.
- Enjoy!! 🙂